Wednesday, April 9, 2014

I Need Flowers

 Recently I've been wanting some flowers in my life. It being April and all.
So the other day I played with some older Sizzix flower dies I have and made myself a bright and perky little bouquet.
A little coloring, a little folding and rolling, some assorted papers, brads and embellishments were all I needed to have a lot of fun for a couple of hours.

Here's a close up of my bouquet. I used some velvet leaves I happen to have as well as a little plastic lizard. Even the  bottle vase is a recycled Prima flower jar I had laying around.
I was going green!
And I put them up on my livingroom mantel right next to my last painting.
I finished that too last week. The flowers block a little bit of it but you can get the gist of how it looks.
Bright and cheery.
And I got my flowers.

Here's some of the Sizzix dies I used:


 I also made one of the flowers using the new We Are Memory Keepers Flower Punch.
I had  a little trouble folding the flower at first, but it was pretty easy to use otherwise and also I love how you can adjust the size of your flowers. Every thing from 3 to 9 inches.

Thanks for stopping by.





1 comment:

VonnyK said...

I love these flowers, they are so bright and cheery and the little lizard
really makes it fab. Your finished pic is gorgeous.
Von