Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Color

I made these cards quite awhile back, and I don't know if I showed them to you or not. Thought I would post them today (or repost them today) just to break up the week's posts.
The top card uses Flourishes Rubber stamps and some Copic markers to color the flowers.What I like about Copics is you can get close but varying shades. There's just way too many colors to pick from though!
 These 2 cards used the same set of Chocolate Baroque stamps embossed with black embossing powder. I also used some other stamp to make the background on this card right above. All my coloring on these 2 cards was using Silks paints. I have a bought a few and I love how they come out-bright and sparkly. I am such a sucker for color.
I stamped and embossed this butterfly (another Chocolate Baroque set). I love how this is a solid butterfly and that I could then cut it out, even the antennae worked out when I cut them!
I like to play with different types of media. But what I really like is bright colors. Seems to me that if you are going to spend money on some form of  media you might as well get what you pay for-the colors you like. Plus then you can combine  all those forms of media and come up with some great textures, looks and styles. When I was younger I prefered pastel choices, but as I get older, I like the more deep and bold colors.
Guess we are entitled to grow and change.
Enough of my chatting today. Off for my last day of the 2013-2014 school year.
Enjoy yours.

1 comment:

jane coquillon said...

I love your taste in colours!
I've got some copics too, and my 13yo daughter seems to have taken them over for manga. I'll have to reclaim them and give them another whirl :)