Friday, February 13, 2015

This Week's Art Play-Works in Progress

 This week I had a bit of play time.  I was home Monday with a snow day from work and spent some soul rebuilding art time. I worked a bit on these 2 paintings.
Neither are finished.
I'm most happy with the cup (so far) in the top painting.
Colors are a bit off on this one.  The heart is light pink, not this creamy color.
They are part of series about different aspects of love that I am working on.
Not exactly finished for Valentine's day, but love isn't about 1 day out of the year, is it? 

And I added some more spray and drips to this painting. I want to repaint the courage word over it.
That is my word at the moment, with my husband's kidney issues.
This painting is dark because sometimes love can feel so dark- heartbreak and/or pain can make it feel black. Also loss.
To me, the streaks are tears. This painting is really personal for me right now because my husband's kidney issues are very very serious and I have been very emotional about it all. But I left a little red heart in the middle because as long as there is life, there is hope. (Even if sometimes it might not feel that way). We had some hopeful news the other day- they are giving my husband a 50% chance to get enough kidney function back to get off dialysis. It might take several months, but we are praying and hoping and keeping our fingers  crossed that it happens. 
Its so much fun to play with paint.Makes me really really happy. Having this time to get messy and play was very therapeutic for me.
BUT, we have another blizzard coming this weekend.
Man oh man-everytime it snows lately we get dumped on!
I also made a few more tags. I am hooked on tags lately.
Here's a few of some very simple ones (not exactly show stoppers) before I sign off this post.



Don't forget to check out all the great art here.
Paint Party Friday

Thanks to all of you for taking a few minutes and stopping by my blog.

7 comments:

sheila 77 said...

Great colours in the first painting and I agree with you, I like the orange cup.
I really like your tags too with their thought-provoking words.
Sending best wishes for an improvement in your husband's health.

Valerie-Jael said...

Lots of beautiful work again this week. The tags and paintings are all good° Valerie

Giggles said...

Very very heartfelt art! Wishing your hubby all the best! Lets pray his kidney function improves!! All the best to your family!! Very powerful art!

Hugs Giggles

Linda Kunsman said...

I am loving all your projects Erika, but the "courage" piece is wow-mesmerizing and so filled with emotion! Thoughts and prayers for your hubby's recovery and improvement. Happy PPF!

Clare Lloyd said...

U have been busy lots of great projects.

Özge Başağaç said...

Beautiful tags with bright colors.

Unknown said...

Lovely and heart full creativity. Thank you for sharing!Sending lots of love and healing prayers to you and your husband!