Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Tuesday Art

 Hi from rainy New Hampshire. As they say April showers bring May flowers. This week is sure all about the showers part.
Today I have a spread in my tag journal to show you. You can see it above. On the left I stamped some Asian writing over the plain watercolor background. Then I added the tag and some die cuts. I thought the page didn't need a lot of color other than the tag. And I thought the plain black die cuts really helped accent the plain black die cuts on the tag.
 On the right side I used a red cardboard envelope I had. I bought this envelope 6 years ago when we visited San Francisco and spent part of a day poking around Chinatown. What fun that was! I still have a few things left in my stash from that adventure, as you can see with this envelope here.
I cut the top off the envelope and converted it to a pocket for my other dragon tag (see below) and then added this little tag behind the pocket, since I attached it as a flap.
The rest of the page is also left white, and I added some die cuts and some stamped Chinese words.
Today I am off to Boston with my husband for his transplant orientation. I am interested to find out what this day brings. Lets hope its all good news!
That's all I have to say today as we need to hit the road.
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: