Monday, June 8, 2015

I am Chatty Today


Happy Monday morning everyone (or if it is not Monday morning, happy whatever day and time it is). Hope you all had a wonderful weekend.
Here's a journal page I finished up this weekend. It is made starting with a Gelli print on this map paper. I then stamped and painted the fox (Impression Obsession), and then hand painted in the tree and the grass.
 I die cut and colored these little birds, and then painted and wrote in the fox's thoughts.
I wonder what he would say?
Although I can guess  few possibilities!

So Saturday my daughter and I had an awesome adventure. 
We looked at flowers and plants.
We discovered new places like this cool old farm.
And we dug through bins of fabric scraps and  through boxes of assorted yarn.
We managed to fill our shopping bags (as you can see) and spend a little cash too.
We watched people go crazy at a quilt fabric auction.
And we tasted the best cider donuts we ever had.
And we stopped for an ice cream. Of course, what's a mini-trip adventure without those kinds of foods and discoveries?
The hubby knew he wouldn't want to come with us. He's not into fabric or yarn or crafts.
So he stayed home and started to work on the fire pit he has been wanting to build.
It will be great to enjoy some fires on  Saturday nights  this summer. I'll have to stock up on marshmallows, Hershey bars and graham crackers I guess.
And look at this beautiful butterfly I also discovered on my driveway. A white admiral, I believe.
And I just like how you can see my shadow here.
Saturday was a good day. In fact, the whole weekend was great, starting right after work on Friday.
In fact, I enjoyed it so much
I am ready to keep it going. Think I can just wish away work today? 

Thanks for visiting and stop by again soon.


4 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely journal page, I think that fox look like it wants to play! Love the photos, you had a great time, and what wonderful bags of fabric treasures, how lovely to have such supplies. I am sure hubby was happier at home, but he sure missed a delicious donut. I made brownies yesterday, so I didn't go hungry either. By the way, the boots stencil has no name on it, got it with a bundle of others from an EBAY auction, sorry! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Linda said...

Beautiful artwork and lovely photos. :)

alarmcat said...

love your gelli print page. i've been working with them a lot lately, too. sounds like you had a great weekend. Any weekend that includes ice cream has got to be good :)

froebelsternchen said...

It seems you had a perfect weekend! All the pictures tell this! And I love your page ... Happy new week Erika!
oxo
Susi