Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Summer Journal

Hello everyone. Yesterday was a lot of sitting and driving but it was good to go see my mother. She is 85 and has some dementia, but she is still functioning pretty well on her own. Most of the time that is. The worst part of the day was all the heavy traffic driving home outside of Boston. I don't know how people can drive that route every day back and forth to work
But now I am home in the woods/country where I live-Yahoo-and although we are having a lot of rain today, I can use today at home to finish up a project and to play in my happy place.
So I have some views of one of my summer art projects to show you today.
I decided to make a little memory journal for the summer. 
It has all kinds of fun pages.  Doodled pages
and papered and painted pages. This one I have a little plan to add some black design to the pink painted border.
There's umbrella pages that lift up. And although you can't really see it, cards that flip up.
Here's the inner covers.  I'm using a Maya Road chipboard journal. It comes with some journal pages  that are also chipboard , which I will use, but I am adding some of my own pages too.
There's also fabric covered pages. These are some scraps for a recent play day I had.
And journal cards I made myself, even though I didn't journal on them.

A little different view of the umbrella page.
And how it lifts up.
I'll have more to show you as the summer goes on. I like the fact that this journal is 8x8 (inches) so the pages are small and I don't need to spend too much time making them.
I also like how I can try and add all kinds of things to a little journal like this. It isn't just about the art.
That's all for me today.
I appreciate you stopping by!
Hope your day is sunnier and brighter than it is here!


1 comment:

Valerie-Jael said...

What a lovely idea - this will be something to look back on in the dark and cold days of winter! Glad your Mom isn't doing too badly, but that long journey with too much traffic doesn't sound so good - it's nice to live away from it all! Enjoy your day, hugs, Valerie