Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Not Star Trek

Today's piece for Art Journal Journey is all about the Space Time Continuum. The physics behind it is way more complex than my brain can totally understand,  but it is a good topic for this month's theme of TIME over at AJJ.
I really enjoyed  making this page. I painted the page black, then added this torn starry paper border. I stamped the saying and the little stars in white pigment ink. I have this foam stamp of Saturn which I stamped with paint, and then I added the astronaut which is part of a stamp I have from Postmodern Design. Then I took this bright slimy green Stickles and drizzled it over the page.
I love that word-drizzle.
So speaking of night, last Saturday we went for an evening boat ride out on a lake near us. We did the tourist thing-went over to one of the towns on the lake and had take out for dinner (we had a picnic in the boat) and cruised back under a gorgeous sunset. Not only that, but the town where the boat ramp is was having Old Home Week, and we sat in our boat and got to see a spectacular fireworks display. We didn't even know about those. It was the weekend highlight.
Look how pretty the sky was.




This color is not enhanced on my computer. How gorgeous is the pink water?
Hope you have some beautiful views (whether big or small) in your day today.
And as usual, thanks for stopping by to visit.

8 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your journal page, and the photos are just great, the pink reflections on the water are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Art Journal Journey, Hugs, Valerie

Anonymous said...

I love the composition of this page and the darkness that pulls you in. xox

Sadie´sGedankenfülle said...

Hello Erika
your site is really great, the last picture is incredible.
Sadie

johanna said...

this is a wonderful journaling page, love the look and the Quote. and i adore These sky photos, you are lucky to see them!

Caro´s kreative Welt said...

Wow, this is also a nice page. Great idea.
Greetings Carola

froebelsternchen said...

WOW.. the photos are amazing- you had a fab weekend with the fireworks and all for sure! The page is so well done and beautiful- great!
I think I like the world drizzle as well...cool word indeed!
Thanks a lot for another fantastic entry to the time collection at
Art Journal Journey Erika!
oxo
Susi

Meggymay said...

A fantastic night sky journal page, great details. Your photos look awesome as well.
Yvonne

Neesie said...

You've created a fantastic journal page Erika,
You're photo's are stunning too.
Have a wonderful week and thanks for sharing ;D