Saturday, August 15, 2015

The Bear of Wall Street


Here's another page I am linking to Art Journal Journey. I started with this Brushoes background and then added this man stamped on an old book page (Stampers Anonymous). He looked to me like he might be several types of a man, but one of those is someone who made a lot of money in the stock market way back when. I also had these 3 stamped bears laying on my table in the scrap pile, so I added them and he became the Bear of Wall Street. He kinds of looks like he could have a gruff and grizzly bear side.
I think it is fun to have stories with your pages, and faces tend to do that in my brain. 
And then I thought to add the time saying which I stenciled on the page and painted. 
Funny how some pages look blah in person and when you photograph them they really look good, and how some pages look so much better in person than in a photograph. This is one of the latter; maybe because I think some of the items I added around Mr. Bear of Wall Street kind of get lost in this photo.
Here's a close up. It looks a little better here.
So I had a successful trip to Boston yesterday. All that is left for me to become a kidney donor to my husband is to complete is my mammogram in a couple of weeks. Then my file will go before the committee that makes the final decision. That means I passed everything yesterday!
That's all for me today. Hope your weekend is starting off in a good way!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the news. So glad you have made it through the next round. Good stuff! Xox

Valerie-Jael said...

Glad that you passed all the tests, just great! LOVE this new journal page, wonderfully made! Thanks for joining us again at AJJ, hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I can't believe it's been SO long since I visited your blog. I really enjoyed reading back through various posts, and seeing your town (as a tourist) through your lenses. Wonderful photos, and some beautiful art interspersed along the way to keep it fun and unique.

What wonderful news to read about your donor status. I'm sure you'll pass the next step, too. After all, you don't really have to study for it!

SLScheibe said...

Wow, love the design and colors here! Looks fabulous!

Giggles said...

Beautiful artwork!! Fingers crossed you pass the other tests to be a donor. My former sister in law gave a kidney to a stranger just because! A noble gesture of love!! All the best to your family!

Hugs Giggles

froebelsternchen said...

Congrats - that sounds super !!!
The page is so full of telling a super story! Love all about it!
Thank you so much for another wowser to our August Art Journal Journey collection Erika!
Happy Sunday!
oxo
Susi

Meggymay said...

Your news sounds realy good. Your page tells a super story, love all the additions, and the close up shows your gentleman must have been a successful man.
Yvonne x

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Glad to hear that you passed, it much be such a relief. The journal page is wonderful, Erika.

Love and hugs
Maarit

Anonymous said...

Beautiful art work you did . Very detailed.
I find what you say also. Some of my work in real is better then I scan and then others I scan not as what I like.

I just joined Mix it Monthly and posted two on my blog.

I love art and I enjoy others as well. I like to leave comments as well.

Everyone has a different touch but is magnificent.

Erika said...

Wonderful ideas and painting, dear Erika!
Thank you for your visit on my blog.

Have a wonderful week!
Greeetings from Erika

Becky said...

Great news for you and hubby. Love your page I haven't tried brusho's yet might have to buy some