Monday, November 23, 2015

Another Week Begins

Another weekend has come and gone.  
Monday is here again. But this is one of the best weeks of the year. Thanksgiving week!
Two days of school, a big turkey dinner on Thursday, some family time and fun over this mini vacation!
Just got to get through today at school- its a very long day for me. Tonight the club I am one of the advisers for is running a charity event. It will be at least 9 pm when I get home. Thank goodness tomorrow is like Friday.
So here's a journal spread for me. I am linking to Art Journal Journey. The theme this month is the colors of fall, which I used here even though not in a really typical fall way. Thanks to Susi for hosting this month.
This page began with me collaging some Gelli printed papers on black. Then I used an owl stencil and yellow paint. Once she dried I used some various pens to doodle over her. Finally I added some embellishments and some blue and orange painted circles.
So last Friday morning when I left for school, the rain was moving out and it was just getting light. The sky was this incredible pink-purple color.
 And the pine needles in my driveway also had this incredible color. I didn't touch up any of the colors here at all.
Got to love nature's colors!
Guess that's all for me today. Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Yes, the colours of nature are wonderful - love the photos, and your beautiful journal page. Have a good day, and thanks for linking to Art Journal Journey again, hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

Wow.. this pages are stunning! I love the colors and the effects the colors give to this clever composition and wow- this are gorgeous natural colors as well! Thanks for sharing the photos Erika! Thank you for being with us again at Art Journal Journey and I hope your event today went well! Happy you with this short week!
oxo Susi

Anonymous said...

Awesome turkey pages. Have a happy. xox