Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Eternally Two

Here's another journal page for  both Art Journal Journey and Moo Mania. February's theme at AJJ is "If Music is the Food of Love, then play on" hosted by Hazel, and the latest theme at Moo Mania is hearts.


This page uses a piece of tiger stripe paper which I Gelli printed on. Then I stamped the dancers and the Ballet of Monte Carlo phrase. I also stamped the eternally word and added a plastic dimensional two sticker, and I put a little heart sticker inside the o in the two word. Then I added some music pieces to the 2 corners and some silver paint along the edges. Finally I drew the big heart with a Stabilo pencil, and then with a wet paint brush I smeared that heart a bit.

I am hoping today will be a  mellow and uneventful  day. I need to catch up on some school work, don't want any meetings, and would love a nice relaxing arty evening. The week has started off with too much deep cold, snow and ice and too many big meetings at work. I just need some time to do what I need to do, like catch up on some grading, play in my studio and get a few little piles organized in my classroom and at home. Sometimes you would think that is too much to ask for.
HA-HA! Must mean I am ready for that vacation next week.
Have a great day everyone. I hope yours is mellow and uneventful, unless of course you want wild and eventful, or fun  or crazy or something other than mellow and uneventful....
Thanks for visiting.

9 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Another gorgeous page Erika, I get the feeling that you somehow like this theme! Thanks for our loyal support at Art Journal Journey and Moo Mania and More, hugs, Valerie
Had the pre-Op exams today, on Sunday I go into hospital, but good news - there's WLAN for the patients there, so I can stay connected!

Lisca said...

That is a lovely art page. I love that couple and the wording. Colours are deep and warm. Beautiful.
I hope you are getting that uneventful mellow catch-up day you are hoping for.
Thanks for visiting,
Happy WOYWW and have a good week,
Lisca

froebelsternchen said...

WOW... that page is wonderful! I love all about it!
Your great support for Art Journal Journey and
Moo Mania & More is much appreciated dear Erika!
Hope your day was good and you were able to catch up on this school work.. I had some unloved clearance of my wardrobe. Not finished yet! argh!

genie said...

First let me say how gorgeous I think your header/banner is. So creative and stunning to the eye. The minute I opened your page I was mesmerized by it. Your take on the prompt for Art Journal is one I really like. IF I could do it, it would have been I would have created. It’s perfect. I like everything about it. I am so happy I found your blog. It has been a real treat for my old eyes. Have a nice rest of the week. genie

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

What a fun page! I like all the layers you added. Blessings!

Jeannette said...

wow,love your big heart page,very lovely.

hugs jenny

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is incredible. What a great way to cover over a background paper. You make gelli printing an artform. The music background was great, too. Loved this. Hope your day was far better than mine.

Meggymay said...

A gorgeous page, love the bright colours and the lovely couple's image you added to the heart.
Yvonne

hazel said...

A fabulous background to your beautiful page, lovely colours.
xxx Hazel.