Friday, July 22, 2016

My Summer Art Journal

 Happy Friday everyone.  Time for a party, as it Paint Party Friday again. Thank you Eva and Kristen for hosting. 
So the heat and humidity is back here in New Hampshire. We've had a lot of it this month but one thing for sure, my gardens are loving it.
So today I have some doodled, stamped, colored and painted pages from my art journal. They're nothing special but just me having fun and keeping a journal of the summer. 
The top page is me playing with some of my animal stamps while trying to work through a little mental stress.
Last week was  wait for medical results for my husband. As I was working on this page, I was thinking about them. I had been thinking about them all week actually, and I had some of that uncover stress. You know, it is there, but not not staring you in the face. Then you get good news and you feel all the weight lift off of you. You're then filled with a lightness that makes very happy.  
As I worked the hubby called with his good news, and that changed what I was doing with this page.
 (FYI-The hubby needs a kidney transplant and I'm his donor. We were waiting on his test results to see if he was ready for the transplant-which came in while I was in the midst of my page.  Now we're waiting for my team to once again clear me with the hopes that I take first quarter off from school and we do the surgery in September.) Keep your fingers crossed.

 And these are just some more fun.
I'm away next week so I won't be joining the party next Friday. 
 I'm really hoping to go see the new Star Trek movie this weekend. This is the one movie I've wanted to go see all summer.  They've done such a good job with these last 2 new ones that I have high hopes for this one. And it got great reviews too.
And I think the hubby wants to go out in his boat, if we don't get thunderstorms. We shall see.
 Hope you have a great weekend.

And as always, thanks for stopping by.

16 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Glad you got good news about the transplant, good luck for you both. Love your summer journal pages, very colourful and full of fun. Have a great weekend! Hugs, Valerie

sirkkis said...

Your all three double page spreas are really wonderful. Love your various drawings and paintings, superb‼
Wishing you the most relaxing and happy week's break ♥♥

Anonymous said...

I love your Summer Journal, it looks like a wonderful way to deal with your emotions now.

Linda Kunsman said...

wonderful news about your hubby Erika- and even more so knowing that you are able to donate one of your kidneys for him. True love. Fun journal pages! have great weekend and happy PPF!

Meggymay said...

Wonderful journal pages Erika. Enjoy your holiday and I will as you ask keep my fingers crossed for you both, that all will go as planned in the autumn.
Yvonne xx

sheila 77 said...

Gosh Erika, you do SO MUCH, Here is permission to take it easy (unless you really don't want to, of course).
Great news that your husband will soon get better, thanks to you. Hope it all goes perfectly.
I loved reading your diary pages, you do do a lot of different things.

Faye said...

Great pages showing your amazing imagination and talent, Erika. Enjoy your week off. Hope you are doing something fun.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What wonderful news about the transplant. I am hopeful all will work out well for both you and you can take part of next school year off. It's amazing how our art changes with our mood, isn't it? This is proof positive that you made that transition right before our eyes.

Have a fun rest of the weekend, and hopefully enjoy the movie and boat, too.

Gillena Cox said...

Thanks for sharing your Summer fun art. I an a Star Wars fan myself. I'm happy you dropped by my blog this week

Much love...

Fran said...

Best wishes for a quick and compete recovery. Very free spirited pages

Giggles said...

So glad your load was lightened by the news...such an act of love donating your kidney! Lovely pages...seems like a catharsis for you!

Hugs Giggles

froebelsternchen said...

Wonderful pages Erika and I am so happt to hearthe fabulous news about the transplant!
Finger crossed for all ♥♥♥♥♥
oxo SUsi

NatureFootstep said...

good luck with the operations :)

Loved your journal.

Jennifer Rose said...

that is great news and hoping everything else goes to plan as well :)

Happy PFF! :)
Jen #45

Anonymous said...

Great load of critters there of all kinds, of course you know the dog ones are my faves! xox

Nordljus said...

That's great news, keeping my fingers firmly crossed that all goes well! Wonderful pages, I like the idea of the "This Week" page, to have it all on one page.