Sunday, November 20, 2016

Beep Beep

Another week begins, but for me its a short one with the Thanksgiving Holiday. I love this upcoming holiday weekend because it is so much more low key than Christmas, but still a weekend filled some fun. This year we are staying home and doing Thanksgiving with just the 3 of us because of my husband's recoupings, but the daughter's boyfriend is coming out later in the day for dessert.  I'm thankful he's coming because he is going to help my daughter and I go get our Christmas tree Friday. That's because this year the hubby won't be able to drag a tree out of the farm. We figured we might as well go get it and get it done while we are around the rest of the weekend and we have another set of muscles to help us.
So today I have a piece for both Art Journal Journey and Moo Mania. In fact I started the car for Moo Mania for the last challenge which was wheels, but then I never finished it and so I transformed it into one that fit stripes, which is the latest challenge. :) And over at Art Journal Journey the theme is collage- with no leaves, wings or faces. 
So while I write this the first snow flakes of the year are coming down, and hopefully the ground won't be white in the morning. :) But I shall see!
Enjoy your new week everyone.


8 comments:

Jeannette said...

LOve your cool pages with the cute car and stripes backround,so yummy for my eyes +lol+,excellent work.
i hope yue and your lovelys had a happy thanksgiving,the first post with the beautiful images makes me happy, i love too the nice weahter with first snowflakes,its cold,but the nature say,come out and had a lovely walking.
wish you a great new week.

p.s.your socks with the bears looks amazing.

hugs jenny

Valerie-Jael said...

Your plans for Thanksgiving sound good, a quiet time together will be good for you all. Hope you find a good tree, too. I love your collage, great idea, love the splashes in the background, too- Thanks for joining us at AJJ and MM&M, hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

A lovely car with stripes dear Erika! It reminds me of the VW beatle in sea-blue - the car of my childhood... always too long for kids those trips by car!
Good to have a helping hand for all the preparations. And a new boyfriend that wants to help sounds very good!
I got at least my advent wreap - bought one this year instead of binding it by myself---lazy Susi!
Thank you for the lovely page that brought childhood memories to me!
Made initially for wheels - rewarked for stripes - fitting No No No and Moo Mania & More Stripes now---
how smart vou are!!!
Happy new - "short" - work-week...
hope to meet you tomorrow at TSFT again!
oxo
Susi

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a fabulous way to salvage a collage. I adore the car in the forest of stripes. Glad to see you were able to use it for both entries, too.

I always decorate my home for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving. I started while in undergrad school because it was the only time I had free. So now every year, while others are off doing black Friday, I'm still decorating my home for Christmas. I used to do it in a single day, but I may take both Friday and Sunday this year. I do plan to do Small Business Saturday again this year.

Hope you have a great week and weekend, too, but I'm sure I'll "see" you long before that.

Jeanie said...

I have to catch up on you -- MIA! But like you, I adore the TG weekend, too. It's busy and festive and fun but more laid back. I'm so glad you will have help getting the tree home. Rick does a real tree but I put mine up early and leave them late so I'm all faux evergreen. I love the real ones most, though. Most of my stuff will start going up the day after Christmas, though I did get a few outdoor lights up before the weather turned cold! Yay on me!

Thanks for coming around to the Gypsy and thanks for all your nice comments on the heron, Christmas cards and life in my hood!

Meggymay said...

Its a super collage with the car having a quote that really brings back memories. Your short week will son fly by so you can enjoy your long weekend.
Yvonne xx

Linda Kunsman said...

great collage art and such a nice way to combine the challenges Erika! Nothing like a nice quiet holiday to look forward to. We went from a gorgeous 69 degrees Saturday to 33 degrees and heavy winds Sun(thankfully with only a very short snow squall) and today:(

Divers and Sundry said...

I like low-key celebrations, and yours sounds perfect to me. Have a peaceful and fun week-end :)